DUCK DYNASTY'S SOUTHERN FRIED PATRIARCH

Thursday, December 19, 2013



DO I WATCH DUCK DYNASTY EVERY WEEK? YEP
AM I SHOCKED AT WHAT PHIL ROBERTSON SAID? NOPE
AM I OFFENDED? NOPE
AM I STILL BLACK? YEP

CNN- Is this man simply expressing his beliefs or spewing bigotry?
Either way, Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty," won't be duck calling on air anytime soon. The network suspended him after he made controversial remarks about gays and blacks in a magazine interview.
Robertson told the interviewer that he never saw "the mistreatment of any black person" during his 67 years living in the south.
In the January issue of GQ, Robertson says homosexuality is a sin and puts it in the same category as bestiality and promiscuity.
"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical," he's quoted as saying.

I'm black and grew up quite near to were Phil currently resides and this whole media blitz about his thoughts on gays, religion, blacks, the olden days. etc IS JUST NOT SHOCKING!!....my black church going father could have said almost all of the same things 70 yr old Phil said in GQ....that old man just spoke his Southern, confederate flag lovin, bible thumpin mind and all he wants to do is shoot birds out of the sky and and sharpen his knife all day anyway...hiatus is a gift to him, I'm sure  more folks just like him will continue to watch the show and A&E will continue to rake in advertiser's dough...I do not agree with his beliefs, but I don't understand the SURPRISE that some folks seem to have that he voiced them....look at him and if you watched the show you'd see he prob. has no Black or gay Bff's :)

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada