PREGNANT WOMEN ARE SMUG

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I came across this video called PREGNANT WOMEN ARE SMUG by musical duo Garfunkel & Oates. It is effin HI- LAR-EEEE-US.

Speaking from experience, when I was pregnant with my mini diva, short of missing her father and the early morning sickness, being pregnant wasn’t too bad. That being said, I don’t think I could stomach ( no pun intended) being pregnant every year though like Mother Earth herself, Michelle Duggar ( of my uterus is on life support ) birth mom (factory) to 19 kiddies.

I am now at near the end of my child-bearing road, if my bitchy mood swings and constant body temp of 100 degrees are signs. There was a time after the birth of my daughter where I desperately wanted to produce at least 2 more wee little earthlings that would closely resemble myself. Now 7 years later ( MY BABY’S BIRTHDAY IS TODAY, SHE IS 7 YEARS OLD, HELL YEAH  ) that desperate feeling of reproducing more mini-me’s has ebbed quite a bit. If I met a great, funny fella who could afford to allow me to be a stay at home mom ( I’d still be working on my writing from home) I would consider becoming pregnant again. Of course I don’t have too much time left and that whole dating and falling in love thing sometimes takes a couple of years or so. I still love children, so I would certainly welcome someone else’s kids into my life as long as they had no juvie records or assault charges against them.

Anyway, I digress, yes pregnant women are smug. Why shouldn’t they be? Sure, millions of women throughout history have given birth and sure, most animals give birth one way or another, but still for the one woman who is pregnant, her pregnancy is usually the most life defining moment experience she will go through.

Yeah, there are other great goals, women can accomplish in their lives, but when a women dies, in her obituary it doesn’t read, “ Kate is dead, but dayum she made Sales Person of the Year in 2001 and she outsold everyone on her team.” Nope, most women’s obituaries usually say, “ Kate is dead and she is survived by Mabel, her lovely daughter and Joe, her hunky son.” ( more or less reads like this).

Anyway, when I die, the only accomplishment I will feel proudest of is the fact that I created another human being and raised them to be a (hopefully) wonderful, productive human being, and that’s it. The amount of money I earned in my life, will not matter as much as the wee one I created, my child. Maybe, this is why some pregnant women are smug, they know they are creating something far more enduring and incredible and lasting than sales figures, books sold, accounts won.

Do you hear that sound? I think it’s the sound of my biological ticking like a gong. I want another baby………………

1 comments:

Brook said...

I agree with you that being a mommy is the best job given to any one woman in th world. And every year that they live and continue to flurish then we as mothers have every right to be smug.. Starting from the time we carry them in our womb and push them out. I challenge any man to get pregnant...any takers... ok then pregnant women can be smug.

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada