HELP, I'M A CLUTTER BUG!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010




My name is Felica and I am a Clutterer, Hoarder and I am Chronically Disorganized. I procrastinate like nobody’s business. If it wasn’t for the last minute, I would get nothing done. I have 6 large drawers in my home that are filled with mail, papers, magazines, stuff I’ve clipped out of magazines, newspapers, etc. any bare surface in home is like a clutter magnet. But I am always cleaning. I am constantly clearing surfaces but I get anxious at the thought of sorting thru everything, so I shove it all in drawers, the top of my closets and tell myself I will go through it all later. My purse is large and brimming with pieces of note paper, gum, a Sudoku book, and too many other things to name and I can’t find anything I need when I need it quickly. I don’t like wallets. I’d rather have my dazzling array of plastic cards (license, credit cards, bank card, grocery store discount cards) floating happy and free in the deep abyss that is my purse. My lovely sister gave me the most awesome leather Liz Claiborne wallet for Christmas. I used it once and I found it to be too confining. I know this statement sounds crazy. This constant lack of organization is crazy. I feel like I am turning into one of those lonely old ladies with a houseful of cats, except for the cat part. I don’t have any cats. I thought downsizing into a smaller place would make things better, but it hasn’t. I now just have less room to hide things.

I watch that horribly entertaining A&E show, HOARDERS. I am nowhere near as bad as the folks I see on that program, but I feel like it would be so easy for me to slide in that direction. But after watching how horrible chronic disorganization can become and knowing I don’t ever want to live in mountains of crap and possibly end up dying in my home suffocated by my stuff. I develop emotional attachments to ridiculous items and find it extremely hard to even think about throwing them away.

Why am I airing my dirty laundry, so to speak? Because, there is nothing worse than feeling like no one else in the world could possibly have the same issues you do. When you know that you are not alone, you feel better about yourself and your life.

If you’d like to read more about Hoarders, Clutterers, ADD & Chronic Disorganization visit any of the sites below:




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I've seen your desk!

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada